LIFE SKILLS COACH
A Life Skills Coach is part of a team providing fellowship and community integration support to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities residing within the community. The Life Skills Coach will provide the necessary guidance and assistance so that the individual is successful. The Life Skills Coach consistently promotes maximum development of each individual’s capabilities.
The range of support to the individuals served will include but not limited to:
- Planning and implementation of social opportunities that are designed to promote fellowship and community integration for persons involved in the Life Skills Program.
- Coordinate the social opportunity calendar of events and activities, based on participants preferences.
- Assist in training and supporting persons toward improving their socialization skills and promoting community inclusion, and developing/maintaining personal relationships.
- Provide transportation in an agency vehicle to and from program activities/outings for those who have no other means of transportation.
- Implement and document on Life Skills goals from Individual Plan of Service (IPOS).
While we can teach you most things, we cannot teach you compassion, and so this is one essential requirement for this role. Our Life Skills staff are dedicated, have a genuine interest in the people we serve, and above all, are naturally kind and warm-hearted.
Qualifications include (but not limited to):
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Be able to read and implement IPOS
- Have a valid Michigan driver's license with a good driving record
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to attend and pass all Network 180 trainings - required
Apply today…if you are someone who enjoys working with people and enjoy having a positive impact on individuals and the community, then this job is for you. We are looking for energetic, hardworking individuals open to a new challenge. Our clients can’t wait to meet you.